Creating and maintaining strong and diverse communities can begin with building the relationships amongst individuals and families in the neighbourhood.
That’s why Street Connectors are crucial to making this possible!! You can welcome newcomers to the area, support people along your street(s), encourage connections through activities that you or your neighbour(s) would like to host.
Roles And Criterias
Street Connector Role
- Welcome neighbours along your streets and connect them with others within the area.
- Encourage other informal relationship building activities amongst neighbours along your streets.
- Facilitate proposals of street activities that helps with the above.
- To provide feedback to Good Neighbours on how to better facilitate neighbourliness.
- Connect every neighbour to the Good Neighbours newsletter for helpful updates on what’s happening, and useful articles for building a stronger neighbourhood together.
Criteria for Street Connectors
- Volunteer role with a minimum commitment of 12 months.
- Resident living within the Stockland Pallara development area.
- >18 years old
- Desire to build the neighbourhood.
- A person that can be trusted. Working with Children Check (Blue Card) is required to be a Street Connectors as the Street Connectors would potentially be working with people from various age groups. Applying for Blue Card is free.
- Committed to facilitate at least 1 annual street gathering
- Committed to attend at least 1 Good Neighbours Connectors meeting annually. (There will likely be max of 2 meetings a year.)
- Committed to providing a simple half page annual report on activities. (Template will be provided.)
Join us and be part of the community!